By Marjorie M. Petit,Robert E. Laird,Edwin L. Marsden,Caroline B. Ebby
A concentrate on Fractions is a groundbreaking attempt to make the math schooling examine on how scholars boost their knowing of fraction options simply obtainable and comprehensible to pre- and in-service okay– eight arithmetic educators. utilizing broad annotated samples of pupil paintings, in addition to vignettes attribute of lecture room lecturers’ reviews, this e-book equips educators with the information and instruments to reveal students’ considering so that you can alter their educating and enhance scholar studying of fraction suggestions. A concentrate on Fractions second edition comprises sections at the universal middle country criteria for arithmetic and the Ongoing evaluate venture (OGAP) Fraction Framework built-in into each one bankruptcy as good as a brand new bankruptcy at the OGAP Fraction Progression and the way it may be used for formative overview reasons. This up-to-date version assists academics in translating learn findings into their lecture room perform by means of conveying distinctive information regarding how scholars advance fraction understandings. extra photographs and examples serve to flesh out and complement the newly-introduced techniques during this up-to-date and multiplied version.
- Looking again Questions at the top of every bankruptcy supply academics the chance to research pupil considering and view tutorial innovations for his or her personal students.
- Instructional Links aid lecturers relate ideas from the bankruptcy to their very own recommendations and courses.
- Big Ideas body the chapters and supply a platform for significant exploration of the educating of fractions.
- Answer Key published on-line deals large factors of in-chapter questions.
- New sections dedicated to the CCSSM and OGAP Fraction Progression are woven in the course of the ebook in addition to a brand new stand by myself bankruptcy at the OGAP Fraction Progression.
- The OGAP Fraction Framework is an all-new eResource, now to be had as a unfastened obtain from the book’s site: www.routledge.com/9781138816442.
Read Online or Download A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series) PDF
Best primary education books
There's a rare hole within the released heritage of education within the 20th century. Nowhere is the voice of the instructor, telling his or her personal tale, broadly to be heard. This booklet, drawing not just upon the respectable documentary checklist, but additionally upon the formerly untapped reminiscences of greater than a hundred former school room academics, goals to fill this hole.
Now in its fourth variation, the bestselling textual content Mathematical wisdom for basic academics offers trainee lecturers with transparent information regarding the elemental mathematical principles taught in basic faculties. With rigorous and complete insurance of the entire mathematical wisdom fundamental academics desire, the textual content is going past principles and workouts to aid readers deepen their realizing of mathematical rules and bring up their self belief in instructing those rules.
Instructing technological know-how to Culturally and Linguistically assorted basic scholars is helping K-8 lecturers enforce culturally proper tutorial ideas to make sure that all scholars, despite race, ethnicity, or socioeconomic classification, can do technological know-how, like technological know-how, and develop into scientists in the event that they opt for.
Addressing NCTM criteria, this moment version bargains a variety of functional writing techniques to assist scholars deepen their realizing of mathematical ideas and theories.
- The Writing Thief
- Bringing History Alive through Local People and Places: A guide for primary school teachers
- Inspiring Ideas to Support Early Maths and Literacy: Stories, rhymes and everyday materials
- Sage on the Screen (Tech.edu: A Hopkins Series on Education and Technology)
Extra info for A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series)
A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series) by Marjorie M. Petit,Robert E. Laird,Edwin L. Marsden,Caroline B. Ebby